KICKBALL RULES 2013
- Will be players from a prior or later game. Each team will be required to send 2 officials when it is their turn. Failure to do so will result in a $25 fee.
- 18 to party and 21 to drink
- Must have health insurance.
- Must be registered (paid and waivers)
- Minimal 12 players- NO MAX of players.
- 4 Females and 6 Males on the field.
- Females can compensate for males, but not vice versa.
- Minimal 2 females in the INFIELD.
- Teams can play with the minimal of 7 players from their roster, but outs will be assumed in place of missing players.
- Teams must have a pitcher and catcher unless playing with 7.
- Every player present kicks in the predesignated kicking lineup. Kicking out of order results in an out for the kicker that was out of order.
- Players that are late are added to the end of the lineup.
9. No more than 3 guest players allowed playing in a game. Guest
players do not have to be okayed by opposing team unless they normally play up in a higher division. No guest players are permitted if other team is short handed as well.
- Are optional.
- Cannot touch the ball in play or interferes with the defense.
- Can’t physically assist runners.
- Minimal of 4 innings and Max of 7 innings or 60 minutes.
- Top of the inning must be started by minute: 50 and so is the last inning.
- Tie games are possible but not favored.
- 10 minute grace periods for shorthanded teams.
- Pitches must be only knee high and below (for A & B divisions).
- Strike zone for top divisions. Ball must be between cones and below knee and bounce at least twice to be strike.
- NO balls, NO strikes, NO walks for the bottom division. It’s kickball so KICK THE BALL.
- Pitcher must start the pitch on the mound (rubber if its there).
- Pitcher must stay at or behind the pitchers line until the kicker kicks.
- Pitch by hand only.
- Can’t cross the pitching line until ball is kicked.
- If a guy is walked with a girl batting after, girl gets option to walk as well.
- Foot or lower leg (below the knee)
- Allowed only 1 step in front of plate or a REDO (defense choice).
- Bunting is permissible.
- Defensive bunting lines in place to protect bunters. Lines are connected between pitching mound and 1st and 3rd base lines.
- Runners must stay within 3ft of the baseline/vice versa for fielders.
- Runners’ interference is safe to base.
- NO leading off or STEALING!
- Don’t leave base until kicked.
- Tagging runner or base or hitting runner is permissible.
- NO head shots (that’s above the shoulders)
- If runner gets hit in the head then, allowed on that base plus 1 extra
c. If runner is heading home, another on base at the same time gets an extra base, but if no additional runners then nothing.
- Alter #5 rules if runner is sliding or purposely uses their head to block the ball.
- Tag up is permitted
- Ties go to the runner.
- Overthrows/kicks/deflections etc…over the fence are out of bounds and give a runner an extra base and dead ball.
- NO running past another runner (that will be an out)
- Runs scored = Baseball rules.
12. Any attempt to drop an infield pop up to turn a double or
triple play will not be allowed and if more than one out is made, only LEAD runner will be out.
1. 3 fouls equal an OUT. (in lower divisions)
2. Any combination of 3 strikes/fouls is an out unless third strike is a foul, and then allotted one more strike or foul. (in upper divisions)
3. A swing and a miss is a strike or foul.
1. The ball must stay in between the 1st and 3rd base, but after the bases it can roll out of the foul line and still be fair.
2. If the ball ever touches a player in fair territory, ball is fair. If ball ever touches a player in foul territory then ball is foul.
1. 3 OUTS per kicking team per inning.
BALL IN PLAY
1. Ball in pitcher’s hand in the “vicinity” of the mound ends the play, but runners in motion more than ½ way get that base if not tagged.
2. Ball CAN be kicked at a player to obtain an out. Any ball touching a base runner is an out as all balls in play are LIVE balls.
Except: a. ball over fence
b. ball in pitchers hand
c. runner has run through the first base bag or standing on a base
3. If a kicker runs through first base, and turns around back to base, they must
show intent to run to second to be considered in play.
1. All present players kick in the designated lineup.
2. Free and Unlimited subs allowed in the field.
3. 1 defensive switch per position, per inning.
- Catchers must stand behind the kicker and home plate and cannot sneak up the baseline a few feet to attempt to play the bunt better until ball is kicked.
- Pinch runners must be of same gender.
- Limited to one per inning.
- In the event of an in game injury, player may be removed without penalty, and cannot reenter. There is no more pinch running from home plate. If you cannot run to first base, you cannot participate.
- Any team that forfeits within 4 hours of scheduled game time is to assume a $25 inconvenience fee. This will go towards paying my referee and supplying the opponent with a 12 pack for wasting their time.
- 3 forfeit fees in one season are grounds for removal the league.
CLEAN UP RULE
1. Bring a trash bag or any sorts to clean up after yourself after each game. We’ve now been kicked out of 2 parks and have nowhere else to go. I’m not a janitor and will not clean up after you. If season gets cancelled, there will be no refunds.
- If failure to clean up happens, there will be a warning, then a $25 fine, then subject to removal from league.